Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Short Film: Space Cat Hob




In this incredibly entertaining short film, Cat Hob crash lands on a gorgeous alien planet and attempts to help a giant space bee.  Things don't turn out the way he planned, though, and he soon discovers that the planet may be far more deadly than he previously believed.  While the story basically boils down to one long chase scene, the visual splendor of the piece makes it a pleasure to watch.

Loïc spent two years making this short with his team, with no money during their spare time, and the results are amazing.
“I needed to relax by creating something more cartoon, cute and personal when I got back from working as a concept artist at Ubisoft on Ghost Recon“, Bramoullé admits when asked about why he created his furry adventurer. “I developed a rich interest in urban exploration in the meantime, and that influenced a lot of the mood I wanted to give to this universe. I didn’t know what would become of this project, but then a friend from Ubisoft, David Atexide, told me he was interested in using one of my character designs to train himself in 3d modelling. So I had the idea of making a very short animated piece, which quickly evolved into a five-minute short film. So the concepts you can actually see in the film are only a small portion of the universe that has been developed.

"The production began with a bunch of motivated friends, helping me in their spare time, from home and then after six months I felt that we needed a real structure to keep on with the rendering and compositing phase. Delapost Paris allowed me and my friends to work on their workstations and we were able to build a pipeline to render the shots.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...