Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Illustration: Playtality


"Playtality" by Kim O’Reilly
Prints available for purchase from the artist's website. US$18
Part of POPzilla’s video game art show, "POPcade" May 10th 2014 at Rothick Art Haus.
"My idea came from the memory of when I tagged along an older cousin to arcades when I was a little kid. He was really into fighting games at the time. One day he decided to play Mortal Kombat II and I remember him being good enough that he started a line. I'll always remember Sub Zero ripping someone's head off and revealing a bloody and dangling spine and that scared the crap out of me.

I decided to depict MKI and MKII characters executing their fatalities mashed-up with common outdoor play activities. (Going to an arcade counts as leaving the house ^_^)."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...