Monday, March 17, 2014

Sweets: Periodic Table of Cupcakes



Alright, maybe it's not art per se, but damn!  That is geeky.  If you're not impress, continue reading the flavor coding below.  I wonder if the cupcakes with shorter half-lifes will come off my hips quicker?

P.S. It's worth noting that these were created by a sixteen year-old Doctor Who fan girl.


"FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THINGS SCIENCE!!!!
Story time!!! Basically everyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I’m a HUGE science nerd. I NEVER pass up the opportunity for interesting science things. So, when I found out my Math, Science, Technology Center needed a “nerdy” themed dessert, I fucking went ALL OUT!

HERE, I PRESENT TO YOU A PERIODIC TABLE OF CUPCAKES! MARVEL IN ITS MOTHER FUCKING BEAUTY. 
Now, I don’t think people will be able to appreciate how much thought and effort went into this thing, so here is the “Cheat Key” for all the interesting, meticulous stuff:

Flavor:
s block - strawberry
p block - white
d block - confetti
f block - dark chocolate

Color of First Layer of Frosting:
Alakali Metal - red/dark pink
Alakaline Earth Metal - orange
Transition Metals - blue
Lanthanides - light purple
Actinides - light pink
Post-transition Metal - brown (chocolate)
Metalloids - purple
Other Nonmetals - green
Halogens - yellow
Noble Gases - silver

Color of Atomic Symbol: (based on room temperature)
Solid/unknown - white
Gas - red
Liquid - purple

Yes, I actually put that much time and effort and thought into this. And it was SOOO worth it! I love it so much;D Who else can say they’ve constructed an entire periodic table just from cupcakes? PRACTICALLY NO ONE!

But anyway, I hope this brightens your day a little. IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE… peace out :)  Super special thanks to Ally, Jessi, and Kara for the decorating help. THANKS SO MUCH OMG!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...