Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Crafts: Crochet Mario Blanket


Read more about the blanket and check out build photos.

Gege-Crochet is what you might call a fanatic where Super Mario Bros. is concerned.  For his birthday, he received this astounding handcrafted blanket.  Keep in mind, this guy is six feet two inches tall, for scale.  That is one gigantic crocheted Mario blanket.  What's really impressive is that no pattern was used in its creation.  It was entirely improvised.  What's a shame is that someone probably spent hundreds of hours creating this, but no one bothered to take the five minutes necessary to photograph it properly.  Still, it's a sight to behold, even misframed and poorly lit.
"There is no pattern that I followed. I searched the internet for screen shots of SMB and then used them for the map I had in my head. There is no ‘master graph’ for any of the panels, much less for the entire project. The most involved panel was the battle scene and is the only one I drew out. I have absolutely no intention of creating a graph of my entire work; however, there may be a time when I decide to make a graph of a panel or two…..dunno when/if that will happen, though."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...