Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sweets: Dark Crystal Cake


[Previously: Lord of the Rings Cake]

The Black Cherry Cake Company has once again demonstrated why it is the greatest bakery on the web!  This time, it's a gob-smackingly beautiful cake celebrating Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal, a childhood favorite of mine.  I'm especially impressed that they got the Skeksis to actually look like a Skeksis, instead of a giant chicken.  I'm not at all surprised that this cake won the competition it was entered into.
"This is my entry into Cake international Manchester competition in the wedding cake class 7-9th March 2014.

One of my absolute favourite films as a kid (I had many!) was Dark Crystal. What the heck is Dark Crystal?...Lots of you seem to ask that, all I can say is GO AND BUY IT!! It may be from 1982, it may be cheesy as hell, but its just a CLASSIC!"










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...