Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Street Art: Galactic Murals


Galactic Murals by Ben Janik
Photographed by Nils Thorsen and Ben Janik in San Francisco, California

I didn't even know galactic murals were a thing an hour ago, and I'm already convinced that there aren't enough of them in the world.
"My typical graffiti style art didn’t seem to fit the wall, so I decided to go with space!" Janik told Gizmodo.
The idea caught on. Janik took the idea seriously and worked on a photo-realistic effect. "I use diagrams and a grid to lay out exact star formations for places like the Orion Nebula, the Andromeda Galaxy, and the Moon," says the artist. "There are now space murals in Chicago, Tampa, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Milwaukee."










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...