Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lego Creation: The Pillar of Autumn

The Pillar of Autumn

"Pillar of Autumn" (from Halo) by Lee Jones
Photographed by El Barto

I cannot begin to tell you how badly I need this ship in my life, and the best part is that after I sell my car to raise the money to build it, I'll have the garage stall I need to store it!

This huge sculpture was shown at BrickCon, the annual Lego enthusiast convention held in Seattle back in October.  It took Jones three and a half years to build the replica of the ship from Halo: Combat Evolved, and seven thousand dollars worth of Lego pieces let him build his recreation up to 2.15 metres long. The whole thing weighs just over 100kg too, dwarfing his previous creations of the Lord of the Rings Balrog and the Star Wars Rebel Alliance Blockade Runner.  How much Lego does $7000 get you? A lot, as it turns out. 
"The Pillar of Autumn at one of its two (and only two) presentations. It was shown at BW 2014 this June, and in Seattle at Brickcon 2014. It was rather fun in Seattle at its showing as several people that worked on the Halo project were in attendance, and made a point of coming over to say hi.

3.5 years to completion, 2.15m long, 100kg, and about $7k in Lego."









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...