Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Posters: The Fifth Element


So yes ... the fifth element ... I'm not sure where to start. This is one of the most important movies I have ever watched. I remember seeing the Trailer for it on "E's" Coming Attractions. Despite it being probably one of the most misleading Trailers for a movie I was en-trawled by this vision of the future. A mix mash of cultures and lifestyles. This movie has made my top ten since I first watched it in theatres. Trust me when I say I will do another piece on this movie in the future. I'm dying to have the free time to draw a dedicated Leeloo Poster.
The Poster includes allot of things from the movie. Of course there is Leeloo being held by Corbin in the centre above the title. The light leaving her body as the weapon that stops evil. The light is also the key that was protected by the priest. It is impacting the circle at the top that represents the evil entity and Zorg which is specifically represented by the darkened arch in the circle on the right (his helmet) Also in the city is New York and Zorgs HQ. The frame of the piece is made up of the takeoff lights from the airport which can be seen running up and down the left and right sides. As well the frame if turned is actually Leeloo's Multipass. The pyramids are also shown to represent Egypt where the weapon exists on Earth. As well finally at the bottom are reflecting copies of the Diva Plavalaguna. Also I should mention I used the patterns from the 4 elements on the four stones

The original size of this poster is 13'x19'. Of course credit goes to the creators of The Fifth Element.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...