Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fresh Take: Chemistry Crayons


"Children play and draw with crayons practically every day, so why not make the experience more educational? This is a set of 64 Crayola crayons with labels so that while children are coloring, they are also exposed to the names of chemicals that will make those colors! So instead of thinking “I want green” they will think “I want Barium Nitrate Ba(NO3)2 Flame” and then when they take chemistry in high school and their teacher sets some gas on fire and it makes a green color and they ask the class what chemical it was your student will know it was Barium! Genius!"


   

1 comment:

  1. I teach elementary school art, and I absolutely LOVE this idea! I've always been a science/math nerd, and I know that a large number of my students would actually really get a kick out of this - especially if I could get funding for an explosive color-mixing lesson!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...