Monday, February 6, 2012

Fresh Take: Moving On



When I started this pic as a sketch I thought I was brilliant. I thought the idea was fresh and original. How retarded is that? Once I started looking up reference I found a giant pile of art about Calvin when he grows up. AND... a lot of them involved a daughter. I decided that I didn't care and did this one up anyway.

I hope everyone enjoys this piece. There is some heat regarding the concept of a grown up Calvin and that he should always remain a child. But to me, that's like wishing your puppy never becomes a dog or your child never becomes an adult... it's selfish. So, I consider this image about letting go of things you hold dear so it, and you, can move on.

Peace and carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...