Saturday, December 24, 2011

Seasons Greetings: Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve by Bill Watterson
      On window panes, the icy frost
      Leaves feathered patterns, crissed & crossed,
      But in our house the christmas tree
      Is decorated festively
      With tiny dots of colored light
      That cozy up this winter night.Christmas songs, familiar, slow,
      Play softly on the radio.
      Pops and hisses from the fire
      whistle with the bells and choir.
      My tiger is now fast asleep
      on his back and dreaming deep.
      When the fire makes him hot,
      he turns to warm whatever’s not.
      Propped against him on the rug,
      I give my friend a gently hug.
      Tomorrow’s what I’m waiting for,
      But I can wait a little more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...