Friday, December 30, 2011

Illustration: Then and Now


"Then and Now" by Dave Mott of MonkeyWorks Illustration
"The top image is a drawing I did in Kindergarten of Spiderman roping and riding a Monster. This weekend, I went through a large group of drawings I did when I was a kid. I was 6 when I drew that Spiderman drawing. That drawing is on the back of my Kindergarten assessment. I was always in trouble for never following the directions of the group. I didn’t want to follow the group, I wanted to do my own thing. That letter to my parents above is one of many.  Also, there were many parent-teacher conferences. According to my teacher, All I ever wanted to do was draw, never paid attention, too much of a daydreamer and so on. That was the reason why I chose to redraw that image from my childhood. Today there are many blogs where artists have taken what they drew as a kid and recreated it later in life. I thought I would try it, and now I want to do more. Now that I have my own child, I want her to be an individual and certainly to color outside the lines."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...