Monday, March 23, 2015

Tech: Half-Life Dreamcast Mod



I would have given my left arm to have one of these back in the day.  I was a pretty hardcore Half-Life fan.  I think that if Dreamcasts  had actually looked like this off the shelf, they might have sold better.
"Culture games took care of the packaging for the game "Half-Life" on Dreamcast, which was never released anywhere else than on abandonware sites. They plan to hold a contest to win a copy (with the game and a new case as if it was actually released) and the competition is even more striking, they asked me to make a customized Dreamcast on the Half Life theme and thereby propose a complete package.

I took the colors of the main character with the crowbar. I didn't want a completely orange console, the color is often linked to Metroid. I mainly worked on the paint peeling and rust appearance. According to my taste, the console remains relatively sober and faithful to the covers' visuals."








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...