Monday, March 2, 2015

Fan Art Round-Up: Spock Tributes


Spock Tribute Fan Art Gallery

Leonard Nimoy was one of my favorite actors.  Since his death, many of his more obscure works have been discussed in the media.  Sure, he was one of the stars of our most beloved science fiction series, but he made a lot of other contributions to the art world.  For starters, he directed the best Star Trek movie and one of my favorite eighties comedies, Three Men and a Baby.  He did voice work on both The Simpsons and Futurama.  He  wrote a fantastic pair of autobiographies, I Am Not Spock and I Am SpockHe recorded an audiobook of Ray Bradbury stories and some trippy music, including a track about Bilbo Baggins.

Leonard Nimoy did a lot of really cool things outside of Star Trek, but he never seemed to resent Star Trek for being the most prominent thing in his career.  Here, we've collected fan art tributes from around the web dedicated to Nimoy's most memorable role.  I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.



Tribute to Spock

"I grew up with and love Star Trek, so today’s drawing honors the late Leonard Nimoy. Today also coincides with the passing of my grandpa, so I’d like to say rest in peace good sirs. Thank you for being such an inspiration in my life.

You can see Spock and his kitty in Assignment Earth, Season 2 Episode 26."

Farewell Mr. Spock by Ben Oliver

"Farewell Mr. Spock" by Ben Oliver

L L A P

"LLAP" by @ T1mco

Rest In Peace, Leonard Nimoy


to stars we return


Goodbye Mr. Spock by diegoriselli


Farewell , Mr.Spock


Goodnight Mr. Spock


RIP Leonard Nimoy


Live long and prosper.


Spock by Warren Wucinich


Spock… as requested by my mom.


Thank you Mr. Spock.


RIP SPOCK by EddieHolly


Spock - Tribute to Leonard Nimoyby KirstyCarter


Spock Lives by Alfonso Pardo Martinez

"Spock Lives" by Alfonso Pardo Martinez

Terada Katsuya - Leonard Nimoy, R.I.P.

"Leonard Nimoy, R.I.P." by Terada Katsuya

Rest in Peace Nimoy by theCHAMBA


I am Spock by ChristinZakh


I’d like to think there’s a chance that alternate universe Leonard Nimoy is still kickin’ ! #Spock #llap #ponfarrflyer


Rest in Peace Leonard Nimoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...