Friday, March 15, 2013

Crafts: Dalek Amigurumi



This amazing Dalek pattern from Lucy Ravenscar’s Ravelry isn’t only damn near perfect, it's also free! Of course, if you don't have the mad skills it takes to create one of these, you can always go buy yourself one of Ravenscar's adorable creations over at Etsy.
"These are instructions to make a classic 1970s grey and black Dalek or a bronze and gold new series Dalek. They are quite complicated, using different stitches and some difficult colour changes, so this pattern is recommended for fairly experienced amigurumi crocheters."

  

"I'm a long time fan of Doctor Who - I started watching Jon Pertwee in the 1970s when I was very little, and I've loved it ever since, old series and new. The Daleks are a brilliant creation, scary and iconic, and I just had to crochet them. I made three a few years back, two for swaps and one for a present, but I never made any for myself. With the new season of Doctor Who just starting (and with the first episode featuring a selection of different types of Daleks) I knew I had to make them again."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...