Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sweets: Zombie Cake


Zombie Cake featuring Jello Brains by the Artisan Cake Company
"I made this zombie cake as a display for the Portland Women’s Show this weekend and I’m extremely happy with the outcome. It’s so fun to just work on something that is your own vision. I hope I get some more zombie orders because I think this is the most fun I ever had making a cake to date."

"The “cake” is for display so it’s actually made from Rice Krispy Treats (RKT). The skin is modeling chocolate and the eye and shirt is fondant. I made the eye by painting it with food coloring."
"The brain is made from a jell-o mold I got from the Halloween Store. It worked really well and turned out perfectly. I was nervous because I have never made a Jell-o brain before but it was super easy and tasted AMAZING let me tell you!"
"I textured the skin using a simple sculpting tool and then colored the skin with a combination of oil based food color and petal dust that is typically used to color sugar flowers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...