Friday, April 12, 2013

Illustration: Pop Culture Tribal Art


Jeffrey Veregge is an illustrator who studied traditional coastal Salish art and grew up on a reservation in the American pacific northwest.
"A member of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe, I was raised and spent a majority of my life on our reservation known locally as Little Boston, which is located near Kingston, Washington. Although I am enrolled there, I am also both of Suquamish and Duwamish tribal ancestry.

I am a honor graduate from the Art Institute of Seattle, and I have had the privilege to study with Tsimshian master carver David Boxley for a short time learning the basics of Salish form-line design . . . [My work] is a reflection of a lifetime love affair with comic books, toys, TV and film. Taking my passions and blending them with my Native perspective."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...