Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Diorama: Ancient Marienburger


"Here is my finished Adepticon army. Thanks to all of those that followed and/or commented on my blog. I hope you like it!

It is inspired by Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. The poem has always been a favorite and has inspired a lot of my other work and tastes in art. I love all things nautical (even though I rarely see the ocean funnily enough). Empire, cephalopods, old time imagery, movies, the trunk itself (a 100 year old family heirloom), and all things in, on, and around sailing ships have always been interesting to me, so they all come together to make an army that is very sentimental to me.

If anyone is interested in the process of building the display over the past month or so, please check out my blog thread: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/515905.page
  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...