Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Crafts: TARDIS Blanket


"This is the TARDIS blanket I made for @slowfullyblimprecise for Christmas. It’s made from Moda Vera Marvel acrylic, and measures approximately 130cm (at the narrowest) by 230cm, not including the light.

The light and the windows glow in the dark, and the light has sparkles worked into it. The signs were printed at a local embroidery shop, and the whole project took about two months to design, crochet and put together.

It’s really hard to keep a secret from your best friend for two months. But it was worth it to see her reaction."

  


4 comments:

  1. I have done a few 8-bit blankets with Crocheted granny squares ( my favorite being a ridiculously huge Final Fantasy Mage ) and a solid N7 blanket using SC. I have been drawling out some ideas on how to do a Tardis blanket ( I have done some tardis beanies ),I haven't decided yet granny squares, or solid SC or DC with color changes. This looks great though. I do a lot of geeky crochet, and have plans for lots of project before I started the Tardis but I think this inspired me to bump it up on my list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I get this pattern?!? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I get this pattern?!? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...