Thursday, January 28, 2016

Illustration: Defender of Grayskull


"I think no matter how old I get, a big part of me will always live in Eternia. That perfect mix of barbarian fantasy, magic, sci-fi and superheroics that so ignited my imagination as a child still inspires me today. In fact, I probably wouldn’t have ended up as a professional illustrator if not for those Christmas mornings spent unwrapping the likes of Tri-Klops and Beastman.

Circumstances finally conspired to give me the time and energy to tackle my favorite setting, so I decided to take those wonderful characters and rough up their edges a bit. I don’t think I’m alone in wanting to see more fierce, modern versions of He-Man and his foes, so I took the best and most iconic elements of their designs and dirtied them up a bit. This is the He-Man I always imagined, equal parts savage warrior and noble hero, doing battle with villains who are a genuine threat and look the part.

It’s my pleasure to present ‘Defender of Grayskull.’ I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...