Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Posters: Use the Force, Korra


"Use the Force, Korra" by Chicago-based Ashley Riot
Prints available for purchase from StoreEnvy. US$25
Pencil, Paper, Adobe Photoshop CS5

An Avatar / Star Wars Mash-up
"This is a long overdue commission from Wondercon last year! The client wanted the Legend of Korra characters posed like the classic Star Wars poster. It took a lot of thumbnailing and composition tweaking to fit everyone, but I think I managed to find a balance between the characters while still keeping true to the original. I spent a long time trying to get this right, because I adore Korra and I really wanted to get everyone just right. I'm really proud of the palate as well. I feel I managed to capture a movie poster feeling with it. I even made myself paint Republic City, which I am proud of"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...