Monday, January 20, 2014

Mosaic: Martin Luther King, Jr.


Martin Luther King, Jr. Rubik’s Cube Mosaic by Pete Fecteau
Created for the 2010 ArtPrize competition.

This mosaic is nineteen feet wide and took over forty hours to create.  Given the man's life-long pursuit of the solution to the puzzle of peace, I think that it's a fitting tribute.
“The idea came to me to use them as an artistic media after seeing the formation of ArtPrize and wanting to compete with a unique idea. I say unique but there were others who had created Rubik’s Cube mosaic before me, namely the French street artist Invadr. I’m a fan of graffiti and street arts so I must have seen his work and stored it away in my subconsciousness. The real trick is controlling Photoshop to build the template while using color theory to make the image as clear and dynamic as possible.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...