Friday, August 16, 2013

Illustration: Manabu Ikeda


"Foretoken" by Tokyo illustrator Manabu Ikeda
Pen and acrylic ink on paper, mounted on board.

Japanese artist Manabu Ikeda has created a stunning series of monumental drawings using acrylic pen.  Each one measures roughly four feet square square.  Each of his creations is so detailed that Ikeda often works eight hours a day for years at a time on each one.

"The shape, color, and expression of nature… water, bugs, trees and weather, all those provide me with heart pumping sensations and questions. They strongly attract me,” Ikeda explained in an interview with Hi Fructose magazine. “I agree that we benefit a lot from advanced technology, but at the same time, I feel that we are acting contrary to nature, which makes me feel endangered. Also, figuratively, accomplished shapes do not move my heart. At the end, for example, the mystery of a caterpillar’s color and shape is much more fun for me than any amazing technology.”




"Ark"


"History of Rise and Fall"




"As yet Untitled"


"Regeneration"






"Existence"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...