Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Crafts: Mario Belt


Hand-crafted Super Mario Belt by Julia
Available for purchase from Etsy. US$395
"This listing is for a custom crafted belt of a video game level. I will craft the belt to the specification of the level of your choice."

"The images are of a belt that I crafted for my brother, who is a big Super Mario fan, and depicts the last level of Super Mario brothers where Mario finally rescues the princess. The images were posted to Reddit and in 5 hours made the top page, so I've decided to add this item to my Etsy shop!

In order to craft a belt with a video game level, the level needs to be rather long horizontally like any of the Super Mario games. Sonic the Hedgehog is another such game that comes to mind. I will also need to find - or for you to provide a layout of the level that I'll be able to scale to the belt sizing. I will do my best to be true to the level design, though please be aware that human error does happen, as do scaling challenges, so it's possible that there will be minor variations between the actual level of the video game in question and your belt.

I can custom craft any theme of belt, though please send me a message / conversation to discuss what you'd like if it's not a "level" style, and I'll be happy to make a custom listing for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...