Monday, July 23, 2012

Lego Creation: Apollo 11 Tribute



"On July 21st, 1969 Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to walk on the Moon. This creation commemorates this great historical accomplishment.

After seeing Tyler's astronaut some time back, I knew immediately I wanted to do something similar with this piece. Plus I recently acquired 100 of these awesome pieces. As a spacer myself, I feel we often times get caught up in building magical sci-fi creations, and forget to pay tribute to the original roots. I'd love nothing more than for humans to get back out into exploring other celestial bodies!
This creation can be viewed in the Community Window for the next month at the Chandler, Arizona Lego Store. I know you all want to come make a trip out and come see in this lovely 112 degree heat! ;)"


Moonwalker Flag Salute

Moonwalker Front Right Isometric

To Infinity, And Beyond!

2 comments:

  1. hi, i am trying to rebuild this model in lego digital designer. i would like to know if you have some more pictures from the backpack and backside of the astronaut.i also have some questions about the connection between arm and hand.

    pleeeeaaase contact me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...