Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Painting: Iron Legacy



Acrylic on paper, mounted to wood panel,
resined and framed in custom floating frame.
"The painting was fun to do, but the real adventure was the frame. The painting is mounted in the center, and protrudes from the background about an inch. The reclaimed frame was then scuffed, carved and sanded for a weathered effect, and I even cut and painted a custom name plate for the base. Like a dummy, I never got better pics of it, but you can see it down below. I then built a bracket and cradled back mount for the frame. I had a friend ship me some early Avengers comic books, which I collaged onto the back of the custom frame. Getting the whole thing together was a fun challenge, and I really enjoyed the result. I think I may be doing more of this in the future. Hope you like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...