After many hours of trawling the internet I had managed to grab around 50 reference images. All of which covered multiple angles, distances, some were concept art, some were proper renders and some was even fan art (fan art can be great ref material). It's all invaluable reference material when creating the 3D model, so it's worth spending time and getting a lot of it. From there, I grabbed a notepad to make my plan of attack so that the model would be able to house the LEDs for the eye and the 2 elbows and I could get everything clear in my head.
I decided to make this a model that is locked in a pose rather than one that has any moving parts. The reason for this was that I was concerned slightly about the weight on the joints of the model, as some would be quite small and thin.