Friday, May 29, 2015

Illustration: The Modern Dragon

Dragons Living In Our Modern World

"The Modern Dragon" by Cape Town, South Africa-based Lynton Levengood
Prints available for purchase from InPRNT.

Lynton Levengood illustrates dragons as though they were cats, which might not be that nerdy, except that I spent a good deal of my childhood in Pern, imagining just such a pet.
"I am an artist from South Africa. I grew up loving fantasy art and stories. The dragons that inhabited them always felt like the most imposing of characters. I loved imagining what they would look like. I try work humor into my work as much as I can, there is so much inspiration out there.

Cats and dogs inspire me with the funny things they do, old sayings and jokes, even the news. It really makes me happy to see people smile, both young and old as they look through the modern dragons."

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...