Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sculpture: Cloak & Dagger


"Cloak & Dagger" by California sculptor Walter O’Neal

Walter O'Neal recently designed this piece for  Bowen Designs.
"I got the okay to post some pictures of one of the latest projects I worked on and I wanted to share. This is a 2-in-1 mini-bust of Marvel Comics characters Cloak and Dagger done for Bowen Designs. I felt very fortunate to be able to work on this as not only am I a huge fan of the characters, but I was also able to base it on the Cloak and Dagger painting I made a few years ago. So it was just a big nerd dream come true for me.

It was also a bit of a logistical nightmare as well just because of all of the stuff crammed into one piece - Two figures (one male, one female, one black, one white) big flowing cloak, bunch of twisted souls within the cloak, and all balanced together on a single base… YIKES! I’m pretty happy with how it all turned out but I was sweating bullets the entire time."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...