Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Crafts: Model of Bag End


Hand Made Model of Bag End by Maddie Chambers

When her twin sons were one, Maddie Chambers took a course on “the importance of play.” This model was her final assignment. She began with Warhammer scenery components, just making a little hill with a front door, but the project just got bigger and bigger. The end result was a complete Bag End “doll house” made entirely by hand.
"Anyway I decide to take on this project as part of a college course I was doing part time when my twins boys were 1 year old. The module was called ‘the importance of play’ and we had to make a toy to hand in at the end of the term. Of course me being me, I took it to the extreme and at first I decided to make a little hill with a front door like Bag End. I used to play Warhammer and make scenery and paint the little models so the idea was to make an A4 type size model hill using my Warhammer scenery stuff (foam, static grass etc) Yes I am a geek lol."
"Then I thought, well what if I made the roof removable and had a little room inside? then of course I started drawing up plans and added more rooms and then decided ‘what the hell?’ I might as well make a replica of the one from the movie and make it big enough to fit in dolls house type furniture!"
"I decided to make everything by hand – the frame, the garden outside, the furniture (as much as I could), the food and it has been a real labour of love and I have found something I truly enjoy doing. I have always been ‘crafty’ and enjoy painting etc, but this captures my imagination even more!"
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...