Monday, June 25, 2012

Video: Starry Night in Dominos


FlippyCat of Domona Lisa fame has re-created Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night using 7,067 very carefully positioned dominos over the course of eleven hours.
"The first attempt failed, when I dropped a screw from the camera rig onto it. I was able to improve the swirling clouds better in the second attempt as a result though. I do not know how long the first attempt took, but I did not have any accidents building like I did in the second attempt!

There were 2 small breaks in the fall of this project. I did not complete the leading grey line and left out a domino which stopped the reaction in the bottom. The star that is left standing was very close to falling, but the first dominos held in place :("

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...