Monday, February 14, 2011

Poster: Cause of Death


If you thought crab fishing or logging was a dangerous profession, try plumbing sometime!  This poor guy's been dying for twenty-five years!

So as you know, Mario celebrated his 25th year among us sometime in late 2010 (even though he was actually created 4 years earlier for the arcade game Donkey Kong... 25 years of independence would be more appropriate, haha, but I digress). I wanted to do something big for the occasion, but I technically missed the boat by a few months. Technically, but not practically, because well, Mario didn't turn 26 just yet.

So this poster-like illustration is my official tribute to him for the occasion. 25 years of video gaming, 25 years of dying in all sorts of crazy ways. I didn't cover everything of course, but the most important is there. If I get enough ideas for a 2nd part, I might just as well do a second one (hint hint, guys).

Yup, there's a BIT of blood here and there (hard to spot though, I actually painted it black, haha). So to those who might be offended by the picture, I ask you: how the hell have you been able to play Mario games this far??? There's some seriously violent deaths in these games when you think of it...

Source: TheBourgyman via Kotaku

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...