Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Posters: Dessert Madness Nouveau



Sprung from the dreamworld of star-faring eldrich creatures, in which great Cthulhu himself was tormenting a corseted woman with the sweet, savory temptation of pastry desserts, Echo says Dessert Cthulhus are not about sexual enticement, but the maddening horror women feel while attempting to balance a life of beauty and dessert.

"I was working in my studio one day in March and I got the Blue Screen of Death. So while my hard drive rebuilt, I laid down on my studio sofa and took a nap. In my dream, I was suddenly overwhelmed with the image of Cthulhu driving this poor corseted damsel with temptation of pie. Being a woman - that particular torture is very close to me. When I awoke the image hadn't left and I was compelled to sketch it out... thinking that it would turn out like crap and I could put it aside - but it didn't. It was beautiful. So then I sat down to do a color study, thinking that the sickly-otherworldy-green would ruin the piece - but it didn't. Two weeks later she was does - and I hadn't worked on any other projects at all - including the client piece I had been working on when my computer crashed originally."

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...