Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sculpture: Money


"Money" by Robert Wechsler

Robert Wechsler was commissioned by The New Yorker to create this simple but intriguing series of geometric coin sculptures for their October 14th, 2013 money edition.  Robert assembled the pieces using only notches to join the coins at different angles.  The series of sculptures is an extension of Wechsler’s “The Mendicant" project which sought "to awaken undiscovered virtue in everyday objects and spaces by challenging commonplace associations through careful intervention."
"My work is designed to bring both insight and levity to the public audience through the alteration of customary objects and spaces." he says, "With a mischievous bent I perturb the norm in order to demonstrate the malleability of the conventions that often define our everyday experience."
  







  


1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see when people have a creative streak. But to be honest, I will find more use for coins with a benefit for myself. I tend to think big and practical. I am working with cryptocurrencies right now. If you want to earn more, I advise you to study how to calculate crypto gains. I myself started with such a theory and now I am a professional crypto trader.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...