Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sculpture: City Skull Series

Evan Hobart

"The art I make is very much inspired by my surroundings and my interests in creating narrative works. Having spent parts of my life living in larger metropolitan areas, I have been profoundly affected by these urban environments, and it has entered into the art and imagery I create. Along with my empathy and appreciation for nature, my artwork emerges out of an interrogation of modern life, consumerism, corporate greed, global climate change, and the cultural consciousness of these phenomena. Bumper to bumper traffic, politics, war, pollution and the over-developed, unsustainable life style we live often distresses me, and I am compelled to comment on these conditions. My work addresses these contemporary issues and is a reflection of my position as a participant in this society."
Evan Hobar

Evan Hobart

Evan Hobart


"My parents fostered and encouraged the creative energy inherent within me by enrolling me in after school art programs beginning at an early age. I remember as a young child, simply enjoying the process of mark making and as I took art classes I became more interested in rendering landscapes and figures. Watercolor and stained glass dominated my first after school art classes and it was not until the age of twelve that I finally began in ceramics.

From the moment I came into contact with clay when I was twelve, I discovered I had an affinity for the material and the tactile, hands-on and intimate process of making ceramic pieces is intrinsically connected to the reasons I create art."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...