Monday, October 21, 2013

Lego Creation: Optimus Prime


(Created using Hasbro’s KREO head)

Orion Pax has done it again. He's well known for building incredible replicas of many popular eighties franchise icons, like the Ghostbusters Headquarters, the cast of Masters of the Universe, and Knight Rider’s K.I.T.T.  Last week, Jones posted his latest creation, a fully functional replica of G1 Optimus Prime.  It even has Roller in the trailer!

It was built last year, but he only unveiled it last week in order to allow himself some time for tweaking.  It is fully transformable and is built completely of LEGO pieces except for the Kre-O head.  Considering the freakish shift in scale of Optimus' head, that's kosher in book.  

"Yes it´s Primetime again.  That beast is the result of two months sleepless nights and lots of work in my spare time.  It was always my dream to have him that chromy and detailed in transformation.

Well,i guess i can be happy now.  My girlfriend is complaining about the space to store him. I´m also very happy with the small RC Roller in the trailer.

A few parts are spraypainted.  I don´t care anymore.;)  As long as the result was worth doing it!"
"Building transformable versions of the G1 Transformers out of LEGO bricks is one of my strongest passions, and I'm working on this series since the year 2000 - unnumbered versions of Optimus Prime, Soundwave, Blaster, Starscream, etc went over my desk during those years - improving them over and over again until i got their design as close to the original as possible.

For the first trials of some characters such as HOUND i had to wait years until the colors were available - this is a real long term program i am on there and it doesn't look like i will ever be finished with this theme, as it is amongst those which impressed and influenced me most when i was a little kid."


"To get the build right is (was / will be / has ever been) always a quest for the right technique in order to get every transformation, every little feature and detail of every character right.

It upsets me hunting me down into my deepest dreams at night if anything doesn't work out the way i want it to be - the way i want it to look and then a new version of the character has to be made. Sometimes it feels like these characters just abuse me building them and i don't even have a choice - i have to build them over and over and better and better again.

So enjoy this gallery with respect (for the characters, not for me) as it took them nearly ten years of torturing me to build them over and over again until the way they look like now (..and still i can hear them calling "improve me, improve me again - NOW!!")"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...