Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Posters: Twenty-Five Years Of Mario Dying


25 Years Of Dying by TheBourgyman

So as you know, Mario celebrated his 25th year among us sometime in late 2010 (even though he was actually created 4 years earlier for the arcade game Donkey Kong... 25 years of independence would be more appropriate, haha, but I digress). I wanted to do something big for the occasion, but I technically missed the boat by a few months. Technically, but not practically, because well, Mario didn't turn 26 just yet.

So this poster-like illustration is my official tribute to him for the occasion. 25 years of video gaming, 25 years of dying in all sorts of crazy ways. I didn't cover everything of course, but the most important is there. If I get enough ideas for a 2nd part, I might just as well do a second one (hint hint, guys).

Yup, there's a BIT of blood here and there (hard to spot though, I actually painted it black, haha). So to those who might be offended by the picture, I ask you: how the hell have you been able to play Mario games this far??? There's some seriously violent deaths in these games when you think of it...

40+ hours in Paint Tool SAI, Adobe Photoshop CS4 + Wacom Cintiq 21UX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...