Monday, December 28, 2015

Paintings: Star Wars Watercolors

I finished painting Darth Vader this week..cuz I’m a nerd! This piece is my largest yet, at 48" x 48" which makes me super duper excited. This was a project with the intent of hanging in my apartment and it’s certainly going to have a nice place on its new wall soon.

"Darth Vader" by Vancouver, BC-based Jon Shaw
Ink and acrylic on wood panel

Jon Shaw is a Vancouver-based artist with a vibrant, expressive style that refuses to stay inside the lines.  Recently, Shaw has begun dabbling in Star Wars tribute pieces.  His Boba Fett (below) is especially good.
"I finished painting Darth Vader this week..cuz I’m a nerd! This piece is my largest yet, at 48" x 48" which makes me super duper excited. This was a project with the intent of hanging in my apartment and it’s certainly going to have a nice place on its new wall soon."


A picture of me with my recently finished “Darth” that I am really pleased with. I am excited to get this hung up. Upvote on Imgur if you enjoy it :)

I finished this painting of Boba Fett and I’m rather pleased with it!


This weekend, I painted a boba fett commission I’m working on at the beach in Vancouver. What a day!

I painted this portrait of Boushh from Return of the Jedi. I am taking it to get signed by Carrie Fisher this weekend at the Vancouver Fan Expo..super stoked.


In celebration of May 4, here is me, with Carrie Fisher, and a painting I made for her to sign and for a photo op :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...