Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sculpture: Nomad


"Nomad" by Spanish artist Jaume Piensa

At France 3, Jaume Plensa explained the origins of Nomade and the context of his work. Here’s a translation:
"It’s an open piece, inviting people to enter it, like a grand-mother embracing her children.

I always imagined that our skin is permanently tattooed with text – our life, our experiences – tattooed, but with invisible ink. And then suddenly, somebody is able to decipher these tattoos; that person becoming a lover, a friend. That is probably why I work with sculptures like this, this human form composed solely of letters, like cells. It’s almost biological."


   

  



1 comment:

  1. Its just amazing!! I've never seen such great sculpture art piece in my life. I just wonder, how beautifully these alphabets are used in this statue!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...