Friday, April 29, 2011

Lego Creations: Portal


GLaDOS (with better eye color) by Brandon Bannerman

Oh, it's you. It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being constructed of acrylonitrile butadiene styrene. You know, after you murdered me?

Fortunately the Aperture Science Emergency Recreational Building Element Reconstruction Initiative has provided me with a new body. Consequently, testing can recommence immediately.

For Science.

You monster.














This turret went through so many iterations. I'm finally happy with this version.
For sale now!



I was going to build these guys a while back, but I couldn't think of a good way to. I saw these a while ago, and I was inspired. I decided to build the updated ones rather than the concept art ones with red eyes, and give them a little more poseability. I also made them quite big and gave them each a portal gun.

Most of the connections used are "illegal" so posing them for the shot was a real pain as they tend to topple over or just fall apart if you even try to breathe on them. The leg joints on the orange one are particularly evil.







GLaDOS from Portal 2. This picture just doesn't do justice to the build.



This could be redone now with blue clear plates, but I'm over my PORTAL obsession.





I couldn't help myself once I'd seen that video.



Aperture Science Weighted Storage Cube and Chell model



So yah, bored last saturday and tried my hand at the stilty Portal Turret Sentry. This was a difficult build due to the seam down the middle, the curvy shape, and the unstable legs. Trying to fit in all the features though; it does have opening gun panels and guns inside. Tell me what you think! Photo editing credit goes to my dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...