Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Event: Little Golden Tales




A Tribute to Little Golden Tales

Created by Loren



A Tribute to Little Golden Tales

"Here’s my piece for the Little Golden Tales show at Gallery Nucleus! It’s a tribute to Little Golden Books, Mary Blair, and Lord of the Rings all in one shot!

I was so happy to have been invited to participate in this show. I love Golden Books! Working on this piece was so great because I was able to paint it traditionally, and had creative freedom to choose whatever I wanted. I chose Lord of the Rings because I’ve always wanted to do a piece based on the books/films. I also chose to pay tribute to Mary Blair’s cover for “I Can Fly” as it is my all time favorite Little Golden Book."
A Tribute to Little Golden Tales

"The Little Three Colors Cornetto Print Series" by Joey Spiotto

This last triptych of poster isn't part of the Little Golden Tales show, but rather an earlier show,  The Official Edgar Wright Art Show, which was also held at Gallery1988.  I just thought that they fit the theme so well that I ought to include them.

A Tribute to Little Golden Tales

A Tribute to Little Golden Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...